A more flexible adventureBefore your departure, as for our other formulas, we plan everything: transportation, accommodations, meals and, of course, our exclusive itineraries. Once at your destination, however, you have more freedom organizing your day.
The En liberté bike trip experience is designed for independent cyclists on the route. By opting for this formula, without a guide or relief vehicle, you will receive all the information you need to ensure that your trip goes smoothly, as well as the daily itineraries. The latter propose routes of interest around certain stopover cities, chosen for their offer of services and their accommodations. The En liberté formula — a different kind of adventure that still has the Vélo Québec Voyages touch.
»» Discover more than 20 En liberté destinations in Europe and North America
Travelling En liberté means...
- Being able to choose your departure date mainly between May and September;
- Travelling as a couple or a family, with your work colleagues or your cycling club;
- Relying on a Vélo Québec Voyages representative, if you are a group of 10 or more people. This representative will ensure the success of your trip and advise you on your route choices.
Our En liberté packages include:
- Baggage transportation (one bag per person: 20-kg maximum with air travel; 15-kg maximum without air travel);
- Information to ensure that the trip goes smoothly: contact details and phone numbers to call if necessary, mainly for alternate transportation services (e.g.: taxi, motor coach, train, etc.), bike stores, in case of emergency, etc.
- Plan of bike routes in the form of GPX data and paper maps;
- Presence of a Vélo Québec Voyages representative, if you are a group of 10 or more people. The representative will see to the smooth running of your trip and advise you on your choice of route;
- The prices include taxes and the $1 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents, as well as the remittance applicable as of January 1, 2019.
- Transfer between airport and hotel; as well as domestic flight (if necessary);
- Accommodations in two- to for-star hotels, double occupancy;
- All breakfasts and three evening meals (excluding all beverages, alcoholic or not).
In North America
- Accommodations in two- to for-star hotels or inns, double occupancy;
- All breakfasts and one evening meal (excluding all beverages, alcoholic or not).
- Click links above for further details.
Not included: equipment, such as a bicycle; the presence of a guide; mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle; costs of a mechanical or physical mishap.
Vélo Québec Voyages offers you more than 20 En liberté destinations in Europe and North America (mainly in Québec, Ontario, the Maritimes and the United States).
For all En liberté trips, please allow about one month between your reservation date and your desired departure date, so that we can plan the details of your trip.
En liberté Price Package
Refer to the land portion "starting at" price for an idea of the cost of the trip. The land portion price indicated is for double occupancy and passenger, baggage and bicycle air transportation is not included. For further information, including the possibility of reserving a flight, please contact us.