Overseas and North American Trips
By choosing Vélo Québec Voyages for an overseas or North American package, you are opting to alternate between pleasures: the perfect balance between effort during the day and well-deserved rest in a hotel, no matter what your destination. And since we take care of everything—reservations, baggage transportation, mechanical assistance, route planning—all you have to do is make the most of your trip, at your own pace, by combining the pleasures of bicycle tourism with occasional revelations, interesting encounters, boundless enthusiasm and sheer delight.
You can also count at all times on the presence of our guides. They have all received first-aid training and have acquired useful bicycle-tourism expertise. More than mere guides, they are genuine travel enthusiasts—curious, passionate teachers with great respect for the host countries. Better yet, our guides put their personal imprint on their routes and know how to make your trip an unforgettable journey. So with us, you will receive all the assistance you need while remaining as free as a bird. Now that’s peace of mind!
- air transportation for passengers and their bicycles (if necessary), as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- bus, train, ferry trip and domestic flight (if necessary);
- accommodations in two-, three- or four-star hotels, double occupancy;
- all breakfasts and some evening meals (excluding all beverages, alcoholic or not);
- baggage transportation (one bag per person: 20-kg maximum with air travel; 15-kg miximum without air travel);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- the presence of one or two experienced guides;
- taxes and the $1 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
For more informations, consult our schedule or contact-us.
- You have breakfast at your hotel (between 7:30 and 9:30 a.m.).
- You leave the hotel before 10:00 a.m., dropping off your bag at the luggage truck.
- You start riding, armed with the detailed itinerary and maps of the route, including the towns and villages along the way.
- You have lunch when and where you wish. For destinations where a “boxed lunch” is included, it will be handed out in the morning at departure time, which is why a pannier can come in handy.
- When you arrive at the next stopover, your luggage will await you at the hotel, where your room will be available as of 3 p.m.
- Suppers included in the package are served at the hotel or a restaurant nearby. The evening meal will include an appetizer, a main course as well as dessert. Beverages, whether alcoholic or not, are not included.
The routes are not marked, but you will be provided with a detailed map each day. Optional routes will allow you to extend certain segments. Our guides will also be on hand to help you find the many hidden treasures in each region.
In the event of a mechanical problem on the road
We suggest you have a complete tune-up done on your bike before departure. A well-tuned bicycle is the key component of a successful cycling trip. For minor mechanical problems (adjustments, flat tires, etc.), the guide or the cycling escort will be able to help you out and get you back on the road. You can contact your guide by phone at any time to request assistance or, in the case of a major breakdown, to be taken to the nearest bike shop.
In case of fatigue or discomfort on the road
If you can’t complete the day’s ride because of fatigue, discomfort or a major mechanical problem, the relief vehicle will pick up you and your bike and take you to the next stopover town.
You will stay in double rooms at two-, three- or four-star hotels. Day in and day out, your baggage will be transported to your hotel, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. All you have to do is carry a bag containing the personal items you need for the day.
Our packages include all breakfasts as well as some evening meals at restaurants or hotels. You are free to eat lunch where you please. Vegetarian menus (which may include fish) will also be offered to those who specify their preference for such meals when they reserve their trip.
At destination, Vélo Québec Voyages will take care of luggage transportation between hotels for the duration of the trip. We accept only one piece of luggage per person, and it must weigh no more than 15 kg (even if the limit specified by the airline is higher than ours). Choose a bag that has sturdy and easy-to-use handles. We reserve the right to refuse to transport any bag exceeding the 15-kilogram weight limit, at departure as well as during the trip.
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving air flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!