Travelling during the pandemic
In 2021, Vélo Québec Voyages has developed a wonderful collection of trips adapted to the uncertain times in which we live. Our team is therefore offering you a wide range of local destinations, either in Québec or in other Canadian provinces, so that you can experience active, relaxing vacations with peace of mind.
Thanks to the financial support of Tourisme Québec, you can benefit from a 25% discount on the pre-tax price of several cycling trip packages. This promotion applies only to Québec residents (upon presentation of proof of residency).
About Explore Québec on the road program
The service providers used in Explore Québec packages are also committed to complying with health measures. It is our responsibility to ensure that service providers are open at the time of a client’s trip. The agency reserves the right to modify the package in the event of the closure or non-reopening of the providers initially included in the package by offering the client comparable options. Please note that certain measures implemented by the government to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 transmission following an outbreak can result in the unexpected shutdown of services, activities or premises, a situation beyond the control of Vélo Québec Voyages.
Our commitment to our travellersTo provide you with a worry-free vacation, Vélo Québec Voyages is committed to offering packages that are adapted to the current pandemic context.
Respect for the measures and directives of public health authorities
- We make sure to plan your trip in accordance with all measures and directives issued by the Institut national de la santé publique du Québec (INSPQ) and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- We closely monitor the current situation in order to prioritize your health and safety and inform you of changes to government directives that could affect travel in a given region.
- Vélo Québec Voyages makes sure to work with service providers (accommodations, restaurants, recreation and transportation) that have established a comprehensive intervention plan including several measures for preventing and controlling the risks of COVID-19 infection, all in accordance with the recommendations of public health and government authorities.
Flexibility measures regarding the 2021 General Conditions for the reservation of travel without air transport
- Due to the current pandemic context, Vélo Québec Voyages is offering more flexibility to travellers wishing to reserve a 2021 package without air transportation in Québec and elsewhere in Canada, in the Vélo Québec Voyages, En liberté or Customized Group formulas. These COVID-19 flexibility measures are in effect until April 30, 2021.
- In the event that a trip cannot take place following an official notice by government authorities prohibiting travel to a province or region, the following conditions apply regarding the deposit made at the time of the reservation:
- 31 days or more before the departure date: reimbursement of 100% of the package deposit ($150), no file processing fees.
- 30 days or less before the departure date: application of the deposit and the amount paid when the package is purchased to a future trip with Vélo Québec Voyages.
- The final payment for the trip must reach Vélo Québec Voyages at least 30 days before the departure date (instead of 55 days).
We invite you to regularly consult the different resources listed below for the latest developments in the current situation.
Have more questions? Feel free to contact one of our travel consultants.
- Vélo Québec's toolkit containing useful content related to COVID-19.
- Code de conduite des cyclistes en temps de pandémie (in French)
GOVERNMENT OF CANADAOfficial source of information from the Government of Canada.
- Travel health notices during the pandemic
- Travel advice and advisories
- Frequently asked questions
- Your safety and security outside Canada
- Information from the Public Health Agency of Canada about the coronavirus disease
- Passport Canada
GOVERNMENT OF QUÉBECOfficial source of information from the Government of Québec.
- Travelling from one region to another or from one city to another
- Instructions for travellers during the pandemic
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
Sanitary measures implemented by the airlines with which we travel.
Please note that some changes have been made to Blue Cross insurance solutions. Contact us if the FAQ does not answer your questions.